Projects and New Activities Under Way or Expected to Begin During the Next 12 Months
- ACS is proceeding with Phase II of the U.S. Department of Education- funded Voluntary Industry Skill Standards project.
- ACS has recognized the professionalism of CLTs by forming the Division of Chemical Technicians.
- NSF funding will support a five-year high school-level curriculum project designed for initial preparation of students for a wide variety of science-based technician occupations.
- ACS will revise the guidelines it uses to approve two-year CLT programs.
- NSF will fund several projects that support CPI technical worker education.
- NSF may fund a National Center for Chemical Technology Education for a five year period.