9. Director, National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA),
a. Ensure that National System for Geospatial Intelligence (NSGI)
standards and specifications established by NIMA for geospatial intelligence
support the interoperability of IT and NSS via coordination with the
Military Services, DISA and the unified commands.
b. Set standards for all geospatial intelligence systems and
interfaces, including to the Net Centric Enterprise Services and their
c. Ensure NSGI standards and specifications incorporate imagery
and geospatial information release or disclosure decisions.
d. Ensure that commercial and non-governmental standards used for
imagery and geospatial systems and applications are open-systems based and
conform to Defense Information Infrastructure (DII) and DOD DISR tenets for
interoperability across the geospatial intelligence user community.
e. Designate document assessor POCs for the J-6 Assessment Tool
(Enclosure J). Each organization will
have one primary and one alternate document assessor POC. The document
assessor is responsible for the following:
(1) Identify the individuals within the organization who should
review each document being assessed on the tool.
(2) Assist each document reviewer in obtaining a username and
password for a read only user account for the J-6 Assessment Tool.
(3) Staff the document internally to the document reviewers
within the organization.
(4) Submit a consolidated reviewer comment matrix in the proper
format to the J-6 Assessment