||CMMI: CMMI® for Services, Version 1.2
SP 1.1 Establish Strategic Training Needs
1.1 Establish Strategic
Establish and maintain strategic training needs
of the organization.
Strategic training needs address long-term
objectives to build a capability by filling significant knowledge gaps,
introducing new technologies, or implementing major changes in behavior.
Strategic planning typically looks two to five years into the
|Examples of sources of strategic training
needs include the following:
- The organizationís standard
- The organizationís strategic
- The organizationís process
- Risk analyses
- Acquisition and supplier
- Training needs
- Assessment analysis
- Analyze the organizationís strategic
business objectives and process improvement plan to identify potential
- Document the strategic training needs of the
|Examples of categories of training
needs include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Process analysis and
- Engineering (e.g.,
requirements analysis, design, testing, configuration
management, quality assurance)
- Selection and management of
- Management (e.g.,
estimating, tracking, risk management)
- Disaster recovery and
- Determine the roles and skills needed to
perform the organizationís set of standard processes.
- Document the training needed to perform
roles in the organizationís set of standard processes.
- Document the training needed to maintain the
safe, secure, and continued operation of the business.
- Revise the organizationís strategic needs
and required training as