||CMMI: CMMI® for Services, Version 1.2
SP 1.2 Objectively Evaluate Work Products
1.2 Objectively Evaluate Work
Objectively evaluate designated work products
against applicable process descriptions, standards, and
- Evaluation reports
- Noncompliance reports
- Corrective actions
- Select work products to be evaluated based
on documented sampling criteria if sampling is used.
Work products may include services produced
by a process whether the recipient of the service is internal or
external to the project or organization.
- Establish and maintain clearly stated
criteria for the evaluation of selected work products.
The intent of this subpractice
is to provide criteria, based on business needs, such as the
- What will be evaluated during the evaluation of
a work product
- When or how often a work product will be
- How the evaluation will be
- Who must be involved in the
- Use the stated criteria during evaluations
of selected work products.
- Evaluate selected work products at selected
periods in their lifetime as appropriate including before and during
delivery to the customer.
- Perform in-progress or incremental
evaluations of selected work products against process descriptions,
standards, and procedures.
If a service to be evaluated has a process
description, then SP 1.1 covers the evaluation of that service against
its process description. This specific practice would then instead focus
on the service itself—its results, its impacts, etc.
- Identify each case of noncompliance found
- Identify lessons learned that could improve
processes for future