A demonstration test of the operational system was recently completed. The
objectives of the test program were:
1) Demonstrate functionality (including safety aspects) and cleaning
capability of the equipment and process.
2) Demonstrate compatibility of the aqueous cleaner being used and the
hardware being cleaned.
3) Assess cleaning capability comparisons between CFC 113 and the aqueous
Additional tests were performed to:
1. Assess alcohol loss as a function of cleaning time to determine recovery
systems required to eliminate the escape of alcohol vapors (VOC concerns) into
2. Demonstrate charge dissipation capability of the polycarbonate conductive
3. Verification of aqueous cleaner removal from hardware surfaces.
The test program demonstrated the capability of the alcohol spray system to
meet its intended requirements.