1. What is the main function or mission of (your
2. Who are the important customers
that you serve?
3. What are the key products
and/or services that (your organization) delivers to these customers?
4. Describe (your organization) of the future. Do you see any change of focus? Emerging missions?
5. What are the operating values and/or guiding principles
that should guide behavior in
organization) to attain this vision?
What current behavior( s) need to be modified?
How must the (your organization) change and evolve in order to realize your
vision of the future?
(What are the fears or barriers?)
7. Which major processes or systems
should be targets for improvement to help you better serve
8. How are reorganization and resource reductions going to
affect your organization? What needs to be
ensure that core missions continue to be done well?
9. If you could change just one thing to improve (your organization), what one thing would you change?
10. What are the things you would make obsolete?
11. What are your expectations about the strategic planning session? What concerns do you have?
12. What question should I
have asked you that I didn't?
The questions above are not to be
considered all inclusive. These should be reviewed by the facilitator and
tailored to fit the organization.