• High quality parts (semiconductors, ICs, hybrids, etc) must be
used and be at a 100 parts/million goodness level or better.
• For cost effective RDT resource utilization, the hardware and
software to be tested must have been through a thorough, iterative design
• A well conducted, documented TAAF program may obviate the need
to conduct reliability demonstration tests.
• Formal RDT will require a Government/contractor agreed-to
projected growth curve prior to starting the test.
• The reliability program plan will detail the implementation of
the TAAF process including monitoring, assessment efforts, and verification of
• RDT will be performed at the optimum level (system, subsystem,
assembly) considering high risk assemblies, growth requirements, test time, and
• RDT testing should be combined with other tests, if possible, to
avoid duplication of resources.
• RDT environments will be based on the mission profile(s).
• TAAF should be terminated when further testing is likely to
produce insignificant improvement.
• Environmental stress screening will precede TAAF where