All semiconductors shall be subjected to the following prior to
installation into higher assemblies:
1. Electrical Tests
- All devices shall be subject to electrical Go/No-Go static tests at
their maximum and minimum operating temperature limits.
- Reduce to sample testing per Section 3.5.1, if
approved by NAVSEA.
2. Particle Impact Noise Detection Testing
- Required on all unglassivated cavity semiconductor devices.
- Not required if performed by part manufacturer
3. Destructive Physical Analysis
- Minimum 2 parts per lot date code.
- Expand to include Residual Gas Analysis, and/or Surface Impurity
Analysis per Section
3.5.3, if warranted.
- Waive requirement per Section 3.5.3,
if approved by NAVSEA.
- Upgrade screened and/or new technology parts may not be waived.
- Perform DPA sequence as shown in Table
2-3 (where applicable). Tests that are designated as Special
Tests need only be performed when additional testing is